Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tool 11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I like animoto, flashcards, etc.  My kids created book previews -- like movie previews--on animoto.  They were awesome

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?I can see great potential in using some of these tools in my classroom to get students engaged in the learning process.  I will have to change some of the activities we are currently using in our curriculum to teach the objectives.Since I do not have a classroom, I am not sure how well I can utilize some of the tech.  We have numerous laptops in safes throughout the building that are seldom used since the tech people cant seem to keep working-- so I am concerned that so much money is being spent on something new when we havent fully utilized what we have.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised that the instructions were posted and at times links in the instructions did not work or were dead.  I was also dismayed by the number of resources available to Science and Math and the lack of resources in the area of ELA. Again, I really think concentration should have been on getting what we have to work to its fullest capacity and on a regular basis before we moved on.

1 comment: