Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tool #2


I really treasure the time I get to interact with my colleagues.  I feel informed,  motivated and often amused-- when we sit and work, talk, or plan together. While I am sure we can all benefit from a PLN with an educational slant, and I value online resources, I still put a premium on personal contact when at all possible. I mostly access blogs, newsletters, etc when I need to find something specific or have a great idea and need resources--there are some amazing things out there.
As tired and frustrated as I know allot of people are, the comments are still very positive peer-to-peer and I really appreciate (even more) the kind of people I am lucky enough to work with.
I posted on Tatum, Todd, Shelley, Ammon, CoolCat, MustangLibrarian and others.

4 comments:

  1. Loving Boyd's Barn. With these blogs, we don't have to worry about face to face interaction anymore. Simplifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Avatar is PERFECT. Love the accent. I totally agree about the face-to-face time with colleagues. You can't replace that valuable experience and I don't WANT to replace it. I like having the online tools in my tool belt but I would choose hanging out with colleagues over blogging any day. I'll probably get in trouble for that comment but oh well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ you, but w the line of work I do I have to have face to face time w/ my coworkers. It's easier to problem solve & put out fires...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with your thoughts regarding real contact with colleagues over online comments. I feel as though I spend my day isolated in my classroom with my kids interacting with other adults through email, etc. I would much prefer to venture out into the hallway every now and then to engage in a real conversation. (And, I must say I am not quite as irritated with you right now, as you're only through tool 5, unlike some other overachieving bloggers I won't bother to mention :)

    ReplyDelete